2012 is a year of national festivities; and where better to celebrate than the quintessentially British, Queen Hotel, Chester?
Built in honour of Queen Victoria during the 1850s, The Queen was the country’s first purpose-built, grand hotel; it’s era still very much reflected in the opulent décor, vaulted ceilings, jaw-dropping lobby and public areas brimming with personality.
In recent years, the Queen has enjoyed £20 million worth of enhancements and refurbishments, with its Victorian aesthetics and grandeur complemented with all modern comforts such as air conditioning,
digital technology and Free Wi-Fi.
In honour of Her Majesty’s sixty glorious years on the throne, the Queen Hotel has refurbished and re-styled the original restaurant – The Jubilee Room. Queen Elizabeth’s life and reign is captured in imaginative artwork and photography and the theme is complemented with the heavy usage of our nation’s colours, with Union Flag thrones and eye-catching earthenware.
The delicious food carries on the celebration with its Great British Carvery, offering all the old favourites including (and how could we ever not have them!!) classic prawn cocktail, roast beef and Yorkshires, and sticky toffee pudding with custard.
We have put together a great one night package to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee at remarkably good value for money. The package includes:
• Overnight accommodation in your chosen room type, from classic rooms to spacious, sumptuous ’King Suites’ – the choice is yours!
• Enjoy a pot of tea, with cucumber sandwiches and strawberries & cream in the historic Albert Lounge, or if the weather is kind in the sun-trapped Baltic Exchange Gardens
• Relax with a pre-dinner glass of Pimms
• Take your seats at your table in the fabulously refurbished Jubilee Restaurant, overlooking the gardens, and indulge in our three course, Great British Carvery of timeless classic dishes
• Retire to your room for a peaceful night’s sleep
• Wake refreshed and start the day with the Queen Hotel’s famous, all-you-can-eat breakfast, including local artisan sausages, award winning black pudding, daily specials and a vast array of cold and hot items
• Should you wish to take advantage of more sightseeing, or shopping on the city’s famous rows, we will be glad to look after your luggage